Information for Parents:
- DE Posters for Parents re returning to school in September 2021 – click here
- Video for parents of children in Junior Infants – https://youtu.be/UomH_vakjDI
- Video for parents of children Senior Infants – RII – https://youtu.be/4smnni5jpGI
- Video for parents of children RIII – RVI – https://youtu.be/97nErW1-0YU
- A Parent’s Guide to Close Contacts – click here
- Multi-lingual advice for parents – click here
- DE letter re school transport for parents – click here
Reminders for Parents:
- Do not congregate at or near school during drop off and collection times
- Communication with the school must take place by phone or online (Email addresses of staff will be provided to you)
- Wear masks at arrival and dismissal times
- Complete the Return to School Declaration form after an absence via the Aladdin Connect App.
- School policy in relation to children with symptoms of COVID-19. Do not to send children to school if they are:
- close contacts of a person with COVID-19
- are awaiting a test
- are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19
- if they live with someone who has symptoms of the virus
- if they have travelled outside of Ireland (see latest Govt. advice – click here)
Advice to Parents Regarding COVID-19 Symptoms
In order to prevent the spread of COVID-19 it is important to know and recognise the symptoms of coronavirus (which includes the DELTA variant).
Common symptoms of coronavirus include:
- a fever (high temperature – 38 degrees Celsius or above).
- a new cough – this can be any kind of cough, not just dry.
- shortness of breath or breathing difficulties.
- loss or change in your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
- Aches and Pains
Other uncommon symptoms of coronavirus include:
- sore throat
- runny or stuffy noses
- feeling sick or vomiting
Getting an early diagnosis means, you can get the help you need and take steps to avoid spreading the virus, if you have it.
For the complete list of symptoms, please refer to the HSE Website. Symptoms may be subject to change so regular review of the HSE Website is advised. If you do not have symptoms, you can get a free COVID-19 (coronavirus) test at a COVID-19 walk-in test centre
Practical tips to limit unnecessary interaction
- If your child cannot tie their shoe laces, please ensure that they wear non lace shoes to school.
- Only include items in your child’s lunch that children can open independently.
- Ensure your child has enough to drink in their lunch. We cannot give them water from the tap this year.
- Ensure that your child knows how to wash their hands properly.
- Children should not bring toys from home into school.
Collection of Children during the School Day
If an adult has to collect a child during the course of the school day, the following arrangements will apply:
- When the adult arrives at the school, they should check in with the secretary in the St. Michael Building; just inside the front door. In the case of the St. Peter Building parents should ring the bell and wait for the door to be answered.
- The adult who is collecting will be asked to sign the child out and wait outside the door.
- Please note: Collections of children will not be facilitated in the last half hour of school except in case of emergencies. We also request that pupils are not collected during break times between 11 – 11.20 a.m. and 1 – 1.20 p.m.