Covid 19 Procedures for reopening school
Information for Parents:
- DE Posters for Parents re returning to school in September 2021 – click here
- Video for parents of children in Junior Infants – https://youtu.be/UomH_vakjDI
- Video for parents of children Senior Infants – RII – https://youtu.be/4smnni5jpGI
- Video for parents of children RIII – RVI – https://youtu.be/97nErW1-0YU
- Multi-lingual advice for parents – click here
- DE letter re school transport for parents – click here
Reminders for Parents:
- Do not congregate at or near school during drop off and collection times
- Communication with the school must take place by phone or online
- Wear masks at arrival and dismissal times
- School policy in relation to children with symptoms of COVID-19. Do not to send children to school if they are:
- close contacts of a person with COVID-19
- are awaiting a test
- are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19
- if they live with someone who has symptoms of the virus
- if they have travelled outside of Ireland (see latest Govt. advice – click here)
Advice to Parents Regarding COVID-19 Symptoms
In order to prevent the spread of COVID-19 it is important to know and recognise the symptoms of coronavirus (which includes the DELTA variant).
Common symptoms of coronavirus include:
- a fever (high temperature – 38 degrees Celsius or above).
- a new cough – this can be any kind of cough, not just dry.
- shortness of breath or breathing difficulties.
- loss or change in your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
- Aches and Pains
Other uncommon symptoms of coronavirus include:
- sore throat
- runny or stuffy noses
- feeling sick or vomiting
Getting an early diagnosis means, you can get the help you need and take steps to avoid spreading the virus, if you have it.
For the complete list of symptoms, please refer to the HSE Website. Symptoms may be subject to change so regular review of the HSE Website is advised. If you do not have symptoms, you can get a free COVID-19 (coronavirus) test at a COVID-19 walk-in test centre
Practical tips to limit unnecessary interaction
- If your child cannot tie their shoe laces, please ensure that they wear non lace shoes to school.
- Only include items in your child’s lunch that children can open independently.
- Ensure your child has enough to drink in their lunch. We cannot give them water from the tap this year.
- Ensure that your child knows how to wash their hands properly.
- Children should not bring toys from home into school.
- St. Michael Building:
● From Monday 13th September the school day for Junior Infants based in the St. Michael building will begin at 9.30 a.m. and finish at 2.10 p.m
- From Monday 13th September the school day for Ms. Dillon’s Special Class based in the St. Michael building will begin at 9.30 a.m. and finish at 2 p.m.
● The school day for 1st Class based in the St. Michael building will begin at 9.30 a.m. and finish at 3.10 p.m.
● The school day for Ms. Rees and Ms. Redmond’s 2nd classes based in the St. Michael building will begin at 9.30 a.m. and finish at 3.10 p.m.
● The school day for Ms. Noonan’s Special Class based in the St. Michael building will begin at 9.30 a.m. and finish at 3 p.m.
- St. Peter Building:
● The school day for Senior Infants based in the St. Peter building will begin at 9.20 a.m. and finish at 2 p.m.
- The school day for Ms. Whelan’s Special Class based in the St. Peter building will begin at 9.20 a.m. and finish at 1.50 p.m.
● The school day for Ms. Kissane and Mr. Roche’s 2nd Classes based in the St. Peter building will begin at 9.20 a.m. and finish at 3 p.m.
● The school day for Ms. Ireson’s Early Intervention class in the St. Peter Building will begin at 9.20 a.m. and will be extended, in consultation with parents, for children as they become ready to attend the full day in the early intervention setting
Maps for Collection Areas:
Click on the blue link to view the map:
2pm collection St. Peter Building (Senior Infant Classes: Ms. O’Loughlin, Ms. Griffiths, Ms. Kinsella and Ms. Whelan’s Special Class)
3pm collection St. Peter Building (2nd Classes: Ms. Kissane and Mr. Roche)
2.10 p.m. collection St. Michael Building (Junior Infant Classes: Ms. Nolan, Ms. Hempenstall, Ms. Hogan and Ms. Kennedy. )
3.10 p.m. collection St. Michael Building (1st Classes: Ms. Carey, Ms. Kavanagh, Ms. White, 2nd Classes – Ms. Rees and Ms. Redmond. )
The children attending our special classes are dropped and collected directly from their classroom doors.
Overview of Practices and Procedures
Information for incoming Junior Infants
We are delighted to welcome you and your child to our Junior Infant Class for the 2021/22 academic year.
We introduce pupils gradually to the full school day to ensure their experience is a positive and a happy one.
- From Tuesday 31st August– Friday 10th September 2021
Time: 10 a.m. to 12 noon
Please give your child a drink and a light snack on the day.
- Monday 13th September to the end of the school year
Time: 9.30 a.m. to 2.10 p.m.
Please give your child a drink and food for small break and big break.