We are so lucky in our school to have a nurture group. Nurture rooms are designed to boost children’s well-being and address children’s social, emotional and behavioural needs.
Our Nurture group is based off the six principles
- Children’s learning is understood developmentally
- The nurture group class offers a secure base
- Nurture is important for self-esteem
- Language is a vital means of communication
- All behaviour is communication
- Transition is important in children’s lives
During this time children take part in specific SPHE lessons catered to their individual needs. We enjoy snack together and this promotes responsibility and various social skills. We play games the children can play on yard, complete mindful activities and compliment ourselves and each other daily. We share the children’s achievement and these can be found on our proud wall. We also celebrate special occasions in the children’s lives such as birthdays, Chinese New Year and Christmas just to mention a few. The Nurture room is a safe place for children to express their emotions and build self-esteem.